A renewal of vows ceremony is for couples who wish to celebrate in a unique and personal way their original vows to each other, their years together and also to renew their commitment to each other with their family and friends.
Why renew our vows?
There are many reasons couples choose to renew their vows.
- For some it’s a part of celebrating a special anniversary such as a 10th, 25th, 40th or 50th anniversary.
- For some the renewal is for family or friends who were unable to witness their original ceremony, for example, it was in another country.
- For some it helps to reconfirm their commitment to each other.
When can we renew our vows?
The ceremony does not have to be associated with a special anniversary, a couple can choose to renew their vows at any time.
Who can renew their vows?
Any couple in a marriage or civil partnership may arrange a renewal of vows ceremony.
The couple can be of any age and have been together for any length of time.
You do not have to live in Islington or the City of London to have a renewal of vows there.
What happens in the ceremony?
Each ceremony is individual and can reflect events in your life together. The following are examples to give you some idea of what might occur during a ceremony:
- Introduction and welcome.
- Readings or music can be included at various points.
- Mention of children of the marriage.
- Renewal of vows/pledges.
- Exchange of new or additional rings or re-dedication of original ring(s).
- Speech by original wedding guest.
- Closing words.
Each part of the ceremony can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
Where can the ceremony be held?
We offer renewal of vows ceremonies in Islington Town Hall and all our approved venues.
How much will the ceremony cost?
The fee will vary depending on the day, time and venue that you choose. You will need to contact the specific venue of your choice regarding their availability and their own venue room hire charges.
For more information, please call us on 020 7527 6350